The Estates of Oakwood Glen is a community located in northwest Plano, Texas, with over 325 residents. We take pride in our neighborhood, our city and our way of life! We invite you to explore our site and discover all we have to offer!
Questions or comments? We welcome you to contact the board and encourage you to attend a meeting. We want to work together to make Oakwood Glen the best neighborhood possible! Email email@example.com.
We will be updating our website frequently as we continue to build our website pages, so please check back often. We are working hard to add information that will help our residents stay connected with our HOA happenings and the community. Thank you for visiting!
Please register to access member info:
- Meeting Minutes
- Message Boards
Landscaping, maintence and more
November 22, 2021
This quarter we have been very busy!
Hats off to the Social Committee for a extraordinarily wonderful Halloween Party at the Clubhouse in October. The Ruml family created an incredible haunted house that rivaled any professional set up. There were games, crafts, a super fun magician, pizza, sandwiches, charcuterie trays and of course lots of sweets. Thank you to all who contributed to the delicious smorgasbord! Please contact us if you would like to join the Social Committee, no amount of help is too big or too small. They are currently preparing for the next Holiday party and would love for you to join!
The Landscaping Committee thanks all who were able to donate a pumpkin to decorate the entrances along Custer Rd. The neighborhood loved getting into the holiday spirit! The new Landscaping Committee has done an extraordinary job jumping right into evaluating the state of our HOA property and soliciting bids from our current landscape company and new ones. Some key points include such things as two collapsing retaining walls, extreme erosion threatening our lower tennis court, outdated and non-existent irrigation and drainage that is contributing to various landscaping issues and much more. It has been a point of contention around the neighborhood, but the center island at USA and Custer will be complete by Thanksgiving! Thank you neighbors for your patience and input. We have received many suggestions and constructive criticism and have much hope for the new design and plantings that have been chosen! Keep your eyes peeled for big things happening soon!
The Board has been going through all our current contracts and seeking bids to ensure that we have secured competitive pricing and competent vendors. We have been utilizing Advanced Association Management's preferred vendors as well as doing our due diligence and seeking bids from vendors of our choosing. We will be making some wonderful and much needed improvements around our clubhouse and common property. We welcome your thoughts and suggestions and we encourage you to attend the next meeting to be a part of the discussion.
- We have a new agent through Advanced Association Management for our HOA! Angelica Clarkson will be our new property manager. We have met with her several times and have had a detailed walk through so that we are all clear on each others expectations and duties. If you need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Angelica or the Board. Angelica can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our new website launched recently and a formal announcement will be made soon. Please explore the site and let us know what you think!
- New flooring is going in at the Clubhouse! Many folks will be very excited to hear this, as the old carpet was way beyond it's life expectancy. Don't forget, even if you do not use the clubhouse, it is a source of income for the HOA as well as a spot for gathering families and friends, and making fond memories for many.
- Members of the board were not happy with the incredibly faded and ugly holiday bows that were installed on the wall along Custer Rd and did not like the less than stellar look it gave our neighborhood. They have been removed and we will seek out new bids for a better look for next year. Please be patient while we examine possible replacement ideas.
- A couple of new trashcans were purchased for the pool area as well as domed lids to replace the open lids so they do not collect rainwater! Thank you Howard Patty for installing the new lids!
- Our very own President Howard Patty volunteered his time and energy to power wash the playground to offset the cost of paying a vendor to do it. Thank you Howard! It needed it!
- Board members Lori Ruml and Denise Hall and spouses gathered their ladders and rehung the tennis court fence barrier that blew down during the week of heavy winds at the end of October. They were able to save the HOA $600 that our tennis court company quoted us for the repair.
- The decorative light post lighting our sign at USA and Custer Rd. was reported to us by a resident. We discovered that the transformer at USA and Custer Rd. was out. Additionally, upon inspection it was found that the landscape lighting needed to be replaced and the island rewired. We were able to have it all repaired and now it looks lovely lighting up the beautiful trees!
mark your calendar
Join the Board of Directors for our next meeting!
The Oakwood Glen Board of Directors meeting will be held on Thursday, January 20, 2022 via Microsoft Teams. The board will be discussing the financial reports, the new website, reports from the landscape committee including the USA/Custer island renovation and landscaping contracts, and any other business brought properly before them. Meeting details are emailed to our residents each month. If you would like to be added to the email distribution list please contact Advanced Association Management at email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome to attend. See you there!
a note from the board
September 25, 2021